Tree Root Intrusion & Sewer Line Repair in the Greater Toronto Area
Tree Root Intrusion & Sewer Line Repair
Tree root intrusion is one of the most common reasons sewer lines become damaged. It’s no surprise that tree roots naturally gravitate toward tiny cracks or fissures in the sewer line—after all, sewer contents provide a steady supply of water and nutrients to a tree. Unfortunately, if the roots can work their way into your plumbing, you could struggle with everything from slow drains to frequent toilet clogs to sewer system backups.
Don’t let tree roots get you down! Call on Sewer Squad Plumbing Co. for sewer pipe repair in Toronto. You can contact us online or by phone at 416-571-8499.
How to Fix Tree Root Intrusion
Invasive tree roots send tiny spider web-like tendrils through joints in the sewer pipe. Then, over the coming weeks and months, the powerful roots open the gap wider and wider. Left to their own devices, the roots will eventually fill the entire circumference of the pipe. Before this happens, take measures to eliminate the invasive roots:
• Mechanical tree root removal: A motorized sewer auger cuts through tree roots with rotating blades, sending the fragments down the sewer line so water can flow freely again.
• Hydro jetting: A powerful jet of water pumped into the drain breaks up tree roots and flushes them out of the system.
• Chemical tree root removal: Foaming root killer coats the inside of the sewer line to kill any remaining roots that the auger or hydrojet may have missed. It also helps to prevent future root growth inside the pipe.
If you experience signs of tree root intrusion—including slow drains, clogged toilets, or a backed-up sewer system—give Sewer Squad a call. We provide 24/7 emergency sewer repair whenever you need us. We’re the best Toronto plumbers to call for after-hour services because we don’t charge extra for nights or weekends!
Ways to Prevent Tree Root Intrusion
Once you have your sewer line cleared of invasive tree roots, you want to keep it that way. Here’s how we help our customers prevent tree root intrusion:
- Physical root barriers: After putting in a new sewer line, installing metal or thick wood barriers around the pipe help to keep it inaccessible to nearby tree roots.
- Chemical root barriers: In addition to physical barriers, chemical barriers can also be applied near the sewer lines, including copper sulfate and potassium hydroxide. These chemicals discourage roots from approaching the sewer line.
- Drain camera inspections: To ensure your plumbing remains free of tree roots and other sources of clogs, we recommend scheduling occasional camera inspections. This way, you can uncover small problems and take immediate action before they become severe.
In addition to these preventative measures, we also recommend planting slow-growing trees on your property and positioning them as far away from your main sewer line as possible.
Schedule Sewer Line Repair in the Greater Toronto Area
You won’t know for sure if root intrusion is the cause of your plumbing issues until you have a drain camera inspection. However, if you have a large tree in your yard, and you keep having trouble with your sewer line, root intrusion is certainly a possibility. The plumbers at Sewer Squad can diagnose and repair the problem for you, so you can return to having a reliable plumbing system.
To schedule emergency pipe repair or a camera inspection to check for root intrusion, please contact Sewer Squad at 416-571-8499. We serve Ajax, Scarborough, and other parts of the GTA.
24/7 Emergency Plumbing Services in the GTA
Available at your inconvenience. At no extra cost.
Because drain issues never seem to arise during standard business hours, Sewer Squad offers 24/7 emergency service with no overtime charge. Dealing with flooded basement on New Year's Day? Have a drain emergency in the middle of the night?
You can count on us! We’ll be there ASAP to help.
Just call our emergency number, and our master plumbers will be at your door, fast and ready to help.
Emergency? Call 416-571-8499
Because drains can fail anywhere, we’re everywhere.
1-682 Monarch Ave.
We proudly offer professional plumbing, drain, and sewer services throughout Toronto and across the GTA, including in Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Markham, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Pickering, Brampton, Mississauga, and Oakville.