What to Know About Trenchless Pipe Repair
October 26, 2023
What Is Trenchless Pipe Repair?
When many homeowners imagine repairing underground piping, they imagine their lawns torn up by heavy construction vehicles. However, there is another way plumbers can repair pipes underground without digging and destruction: trenchless pipe repair. Trenchless pipe repair refers to a series of noninvasive techniques and methods to repair pipes non-invasively. Here, homeowners can learn about these techniques, the problems they can be used to fix, and the benefits of trenchless pipe repair.
Examples of Trenchless Pipe Repair Techniques
If a plumber decides that trenchless pipe repair could remedy a homeowner’s plumbing problem, they may employ the following techniques:
- Cured-in-place piping (CIPP): A plumber will create a new pipe within an older one by sliding a lining inside the pipe, usually made of fiberglass and coated in resin that hardens. The plumber may heat the liner into place, sealing any cracks.
- Sliplining: Sliplining involves installing a smaller pipe inside the existing pipe and then grouting them together to create a new damage-free line.
- Pipe bursting: This technique allows a plumber to break away the old pipe while replacing it with a new one concurrently.
Trenchless Sewer Repair Can Fix These Issues
Trenchless sewer repair is generally used to fix issues like:
- Corroded pipes: Some pipe materials are more likely to corrode and break down than others. Trenchless pipe repair can fix corroded pipes with a new, durable line inside it.
- Root intrusion: Believe it or not, tree roots can break through the underground piping. Trenchless pipe repair can fix the pipe damage they have caused.
- Cracks: Trenchless repair methods can be used to seal a pipe that is cracked, leaking, or damaged.
- Aging infrastructure: Nothing in life lasts forever, and plumbing systems are no exception. Instead of digging up the entire system to replace old pipes, a professional may use trenchless methods to replace aging pipes.
A plumber can determine if trenchless pipe repairs are suitable for fixing a home’s problem.
The Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Repair
There are many reasons to choose trenchless repairs. These techniques come with many benefits, such as:
- These methods don’t require plumbers to dig large or deep holes, so they are much less invasive and damaging to a property.
- Trenchless pipe repair methods are designed to complete a job more quickly and efficiently than repairs requiring excavation.
- Because these methods are faster and don’t require excavation and a massive cleanup, they also tend to be cheaper than the alternative.
About Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services
Sewer Squad Plumbing & Drain Services is a family-owned and operated company serving Oshawa and the surrounding areas. They offer upfront pricing, fast response, and innovative solutions. Call them today for trenchless pipe repair services in Oshawa, ON.